What's new

Hello from Galveston County, Texas

321 One

Thanks! Cool name, and nice pipe, btw. Noticed your avatar, then the name immediately made sense to me. Hey, nothing slow about me... I've got 3 - Sav 320's. The 320 and 321 series bowls seem to burn crumble cake and sliced plug English blends better than any of my other pipes. The chamber shapes and dimensions seem to be just right for the chunkier cuts. I don't own a Rossi, but I understand their 320's and 321's are pretty much identical to the Savinellis.
Hi, and thanks ..
.. yeah, my user name was initially based upon my first pipe purchase, my Savinelli One 321 ..
.. and I have really come to love the author shape and dimensions, and actually, everything about them.
.. and I love rustication ..

SavinelliOne321RusticatedTobaccoPipe19.jpg

SavinelliOne321RusticatedTobaccoPipe20.jpg

Hi, and thanks ..
.. yeah, my user name was initially based upon my first pipe purchase, my Savinelli One 321 ..
.. and I have really come to love the author shape and dimensions, and actually, everything about them.
.. and I love rustication ..

View attachment 2055

View attachment 2056
.. here are a couple of shots of my Rossi Vittoria 8320 ..

View attachment 2057 View attachment 2058
I like those pipes! Nice rustication too. Two of my 320's are rusticated and one is smooth. I prefer the looks of smooth finishes, if the grain is interesting, but the rusticated smokes cooler and some blasts are stunning. My small collection runs half and half, smooth and rustic. Thanks for the pics.

321 One

I like those pipes! Nice rustication too. Two of my 320's are rusticated and one is smooth. I prefer the looks of smooth finishes, if the grain is interesting, but the rusticated smokes cooler and some blasts are stunning. My small collection runs half and half, smooth and rustic. Thanks for the pics.
That sounds nice.
Personally I love the rustication although recently I've been looking at a few smooth finishes.

321 One

I did pick up one which was actually a non finished 320 .. in fact as I'm writing this to you and waiting for my wife as she's in the store shopping for a new dress and I'm smoking Sutliff Mellow from my Savinelli 320 III unfinished.
IMAG0752.jpg

Welcome from The Woodlands. Glad to see you stayed dry during Harvey. We had 43” at the house but are situated such that our house and our neighbors had no flooding issues.
It was a wet few days, for sure. I don't have a total rainfall amount for our location. That 29" amount was an 11 hour overnight amount. I'll say this, it was the most rain I've had dumped on me in 24 hours. Where I live, the town of Santa Fe, used to be named Alta Loma, which means 'high hill' and I've looked - there are no hills here, lol.